xlw C++ wrapper and Qt

For discussion of the xlw project for producing xlls.

xlw C++ wrapper and Qt

Postby qplaceone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:23 pm

I used xlw product for a number of years now and it is a great framework. Recently I had to do an add-on that required the usage of Qt. It turned out that, after compiling XLL addon with linked QtCore and instantiation of QCoreApplication, the xll cannot be loaded into excel. Excel complains about the xll having an incompatible format...

I think that being able to use Qt in addition to the Code::blocks will be a great addition to XLW product.

If there is an interest I can put together a test project that demonstrate the problem.

Thanks
qplaceone

Re: xlw C++ wrapper and Qt

Postby JohnAd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Sounds like Excel can't find the qt dlls, they need to be in the same directory as the xll, check which ones you need using the depends tool.

John
JohnAd

Postby qplaceone » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Well, that's what I thought in the beginning. It is not the case, all required Qt dlls are there.
qplaceone

Postby qplaceone » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 pm

If there is an interest, I can easily put together a test project, with all required dll present, and post it here for review. Unless there was a successfull excel test with the usage of QtCore.lib and qtmail.lib linked to xlw project.
qplaceone

Postby VRonin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Sorry for Bump but this thread is not so old.
I have the same issue described here.
Anyone able to help?
VRonin

Postby VRonin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Ok, Copying all the libraries in the system folder solved the problem. Sorry for the bump
VRonin

Return to xlw