Ex 15.3 & 15.4

This forum is to discuss the book "C++ design patterns and derivatives pricing."

Ex 15.3 & 15.4

Postby rer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Mark,

This is my second day getting to grips with xlw (I installed version 4.0). I've followed the You Tube video, successfully built the examples and tried them out in Excel, however I still don't understand what you're asking us to do in Exercises 15.3 and 15.4.

15.3: What do you mean by setting up a new xlw project - don't you simply use the 'Extract XLW xll template' from the windows start menu to create the necessary project and then add the files you need before building? Was this a question originally for xlw version 2.1 that is no longer relevant for version 4 and above?

15.4: I'm not sure what you mean by the "InterfaceGenerator project"... I can see a subfolder named InterfaceGenerator in my xlw folder that contains several .h and .cpp files such as Functionizer, FunctionModel etc. but there is no 'project' as such. My understanding was that the Interface Generator was the workhorse application that ran when you built your C++ project in order to generate the xll add-in. Again, is this another version 2.1 specific question? In addition, had I found the appropriate project, I wouldn't really know what you meant by allowing it to 'interface' with random number generators. Do you simply mean including the appropriate header files from some of boost's random number generators, or something more elaborate?

Sorry, I just don't seem to be grasp what you mean - I'd appreciate it if you could help enlighten me!

Many thanks,

Ross
rer

Re: Ex 15.3 & 15.4

Postby mj » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:48 am

the book is tuned to xlw 2.1...

15.4 you can change the interface generator so it automatically converts spreadsheet inputs to more complicated classes . the exercise is to do this.
mj
Site Admin

Return to C++ design patterns and derivatives pricing