career guide

Discuss all those difficult questions here.

career guide

Postby wkhan1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 am

I am 24 years old and doing Chartered Accountancy in Pakistan, currently towards completion of my 4 years required internship with a big four firm. But i no longer wanted to be an accountant and after some soul searching i found quant would be better off for me.

I have encountered derivatives during my audit and can value them, but on the whole i am not very sharp in advance mathematics (Calculus, statistics) i have taken them in high school. I go through your recommended books, then i started taking MIT open course for calculus and after which i would take your recommended books.

After completion of C.A internship, i would try to find a job in financial sector and do CFA and by the end of 3 years of its required practice i would have finished all yours recommended books and would apply for Ph.D.

Sir, could you guide me and tell me that a career shift would be ok at this stage or am i thinking way to optimistic? any helpful suggestion.
wkhan1

Re: career guide

Postby mj » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 am

if you are not very sharp in mathematics it makes no sense to consider a career as a quant.
mj
Site Admin

Return to Interview questions