Finding a good masters program related to Financial Math.

Which courses are worthwhile, express your opinion here.

Finding a good masters program related to Financial Math.

Postby Raji » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:54 am

Dear Professor Joshi,

I am currently following a 4 year degree on Financial Mathematics. After completion I wish to pursue my academic work further in Australia ( I don't live in Australia at the moment). I prefer a Masters which would have a lot of quantitative aspects. I looked into the Master of Finance program in UniMelb but learned that it is not that quantitative however the Master of Commerce ( Finance) seems to have more quantitative subjects. I wish to know about the quality of these two masters programs and how the jobs market would be. If there are any other Masters programs in other universities in Australia related to quantitative finance/ financial math I would really wish to know.

Thank you
Raji

Re: Finding a good masters program related to Financial Math.

Postby mj » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 am

well there isn't a quantitative finance masters at melbourne. There are actuarial masters but these are aimed at people wanting to be actuaries.

UNSW and UTS have masters degrees in quantitative finance.
mj
Site Admin

Postby Raji » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 am

Thank you for the information. May I know what sort of a career that I can take up if I follow UniMelb's Master of Commerce(Finance)?
Raji

Postby mj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:12 am

you'd have to ask the people running it. I have no participation in that course.
mj
Site Admin

Return to Courses