Advice Regarding Potential Interviews

How to get your first job? post your questions and stories here.

Advice Regarding Potential Interviews

Postby ram1234 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Dear Prof Joshi
I am currently going through your excellent book on Interviews questions.Except the Finance section I'm finding other section bit easy as I have several years of programming experience and also a math degree(Msc).Only thing in the Finance section I stumble sometimes is that I dont know extensive theories.For ex I know only Black-Scholes formula when asset price is done via a linear SDE without jump..But you have some questions there on jump models..My question is could you please give me some advice on how to do well in future interviews ? Basically which option below wud be a better bet in short term .?
1.try reading more and more finance more models , more financial statistics, more theories especially from your quant finance book..But as it's little huge it'll take time.
2.try solving more and more puzzles , practice more and more aptitude tests involving numerical and verbal skills (like barclays Capital tests ),programming puzzles and other applied may be probability and stochastic calculus math questions .

thank you in advance Prof Joshi.

Re: Advice Regarding Potential Interviews

Postby mj » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 pm

you have to get a certain minimum level in financial maths to get a job. This means getting a book and learning it.
Site Admin

Re: Advice Regarding Potential Interviews

Postby Anagirds » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:45 am

If it is good then it will be great and then we will have to follow.

Return to Getting a first job